- St James Church,
- Park Hill and Briarwood Road
- SW4 9PB
020 7652 0882
Our faith in a loving and connected God, revealed through Jesus, inspires us to be a positive presence in our community, to bring people together and to be parters in bringing positive change to all who live in our local area.
We value being connected to others. We are connected to a number of friends and communities in Clapham
- Clapham Park Foodbank - who provide emergency food for those experiencing a sudden crisis
- The Robes Project - providing warmth, food and a place to sleep during winter for those who are homeless
- The Ace of Clubs - providing food, care, and advice to those who are vulnerable and on the margins
- Spinnaker Trust - partner with local schools to take assemblies and lessons on a Christian theme
- Clapham Guides - meet at St James weekly during term time.
We also have links with the three primary schools in our parish, Kings Avenue, Glenbrook and Iqra Primary Schools, through visits and taking assemblies.
We take services at Collingwood Court nursing home for elderly people within our parish and also visit Clarence Day Centre.
We also support the wider world community through our support of the work of:
- Knights Youth Centre
- Christian Aid
- Leprosy Mission
- the Church Mission Society (CMS)
- The Children's Society
- Church Pastoral Aid Society (CPAS)
We are also part of three networks of local churches, meeting, working and worshipping together.
- Lambeth South Deanery
- CTiC (Churches Together in Clapham)
- CWTiCP (Christians Working Together in Clapham Park)